View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013   #8
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: INFO for Diehards

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Significant UFAs 2014 & 2015

2014: Earl Mitchell, Derek Newton and the Cush
2015: Watt, Kareem Jackson, Brooks Reed and Yates

2014 significant departures: Antonio Smith cap savings $9.5 million
Wade Smith cap savings $3.75 million TOTAL: $13.25m

If following are cut 2014 off season or traded.
AJ DOB (2015) 34 salary $10.5m prorated bonus owed: $6.2 m saving:$4.3
JJ DOB (2015) 31 salary $ 8.5 m prorated bonus owed: $3.75 saving: $4.75
MS DOB(2015) 34 salary $12.5m prorated bonus owed: $9.0 saving: $3.5
CM DOB (2015) 34 salary $6.0 m prorated bonus owed: $2.0 saving: $4. 0
Reed DOB (2015)37 salary $5.0 m prorated bonus owed $1.34 saving:$3.7

Total savings for 2015 season= $20.25 million.

IMO, we should focus on replacing these five in next three drafts (2013, 14 & 2015). I think Brooks Reed and Yates could be replace with draft.

All figures from Spotrac.com
I'm sure that's what the FO is looking at too, but I just don't see them getting rid of AJ. I know a lot depends on his health and how he's playing, but I really think McNair will give him every opportunity to retire a Texan. It would suck for the fans and the Texans if they cut him and he goes somewhere else and wins a SB. We need him to win it here! Then enter the HoF as a Texan!

As for replacing those 5 over the next 3 drafts, I'm sure that's what they're looking at also. Myers replacement may already be on the team (B. Jones), and you can bet they'll draft a WR and a Safety. The WR may not be AJ's replacement, but it will be Walter's for sure.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote