View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013   #3
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: INFO for Diehards

I'd like to see the full list of 2014 FA.

Depending on their level of play Earl Mitchell, Derek Newton, and Brooks Reed could all be re-signed for a reasonable price, none is a superstar, just quality players worth keeping for reasonable contracts. I'd like to see Antonio Smith extended now for 2 more years but at a much more cap friendly level. If he refuses then he can be an over 30 FA who's still a good player but I don't think teams will beating down his door with huge contracts. I'd be very careful re-signing Cushing because of his injury and PED history. He shouldn't be to terribly expensive as I don't think ILB is a real expensive position and he could be replaced in the draft or with a cheaper FA. I'd hate to see him go and love what he brings to the team but I'd just be careful on Cushing. Replacements for Newton, Reed, Mitchell, and Wade Smith could all be drafted this year. It's just going to be a judgement call on the part of Rick Smith to re-sign vs. replace. It's times like this when I don't envy Rick his job. All of these players are worth keeping but when the owners keep the salary cap so stagnant then it creates these issues.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote