View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013   #28
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tyrann Mathieu schd to meet with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Dang, I read on the Pats MB that Hayden is considered 2nd-3rd round talent by some scouts.
Quote:
I got a chance to sit down and have a nice early dinner with a scout for an AFC team following the University of Houston’s Pro Day on Monday. We talked about DJ Hayden, some Texas A&M and Louisiana Tech prospects, pass rushers, and more over some excellent Tex-Mex at The Original Ninfa’s, the birthplace of the fajita.

In close paraphrase and some direct quotes, here are some of the thoughts he shared:

–DJ Hayden was worth the trip to Houston. According to this scout, Hayden “was the second best corner I saw all year” before his freakish injury. The ruptured vein in his chest “is obviously a big concern” but he added that team doctors would worry about that and he was ordered by his GM to evaluate Hayden strictly for his on the field prowess. On that front Hayden “is probably the best ballhawk in this draft. He gets to outside throws better than anyone”. His 40 time at his workout affirmed the speed, as this scout had him at 4.36 and “that’s about what he plays at”. Without the injury Hayden would have been a Senior Bowler and almost certainly would have been a top 50 pick. Now? “I’ll be surprised if he isn’t drafted Friday”, which means before the end of the third round according to the scout. I’ve felt around about Hayden with others and heard much the same, with the constant caveat that the medical evaluation is paramount. This scout was unsure of how his team doctors evaluated him but confirmed they have done so.
http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/201...-with-a-scout/
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote