View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013   #39
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 39889 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 6.0: Post Compensatory Pick Announcement Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Don't think "Sunny" Harris is on the team anymore. He's not listed on their roster on their official website at NFL.com anyways. The NT's that are listed are; Mitchell, Terrell McClain, and David Hunter.

McClain is one of those guys Rick Smith finds on the waiver wire all the time. They picked him up last year about mid season. He's 6'2", 300 lbs and was drafted in the 3rd round by Carolina in 2011. He started 12 games for them, had an injury, and was released by them, I think, before the 2012 season started. Then NE picked him up and he played in 1 game for them, and they cut him in October. The Texans picked him up and he's been on the team since. I don't think he ever recovered from his injury enough last season and that's why he had a tough time sticking with a team. He may be a serviceable NT if he's fully recovered from injury.

Hunter was an UDFA out of U of H last year and I think the Texans were really high on him, but he was injured, I think, in preseason, and put on IR for the whole year.

So, the NT position is pretty thin right now, but I don't think they'll resign Cody due to his bad back and age. My guess is the Texans will draft a NT, possibly in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, to help out.
Didn't Sunny go on the IR? I remember seeing him in preseason where he was playing well. Then he was injured and placed on the IR(I thought).

Hunter has potential, but needs to show more. McClain may be a warm camp body. I suspect the Texans will sign a cheap veteran NT after the draft and probably draft one in the mid rounds(say 4-6). Mitchell and FA will battle for the starting spot with the other guy being the depth player. rook, hunter, Harris(if still here), Hunter, and McClain will battle for depth/ST/PS.

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote