Thread: Kawann Short
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222742 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kawann Short

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
I like jenkins from UGA. For a guy his size,he has good quickness,explosion and power. He's a guy who you have to double or he's gonna kill the play and move the los. His pocket pushing inside is a huge asset when you play against mid line passers.
I like Jenkins too .... fwiw. But I think that Short fits what Wade wants from a NT/DT better. He can penetrate and hold up blockers , I think he's very comparable to the guy he would be replacing in that aspect (Cody).

With no WR or outside pass rusher on the board I was comfortable taking , I'd really rather have had the option to trade back some - but we arent doing trades in our mock. I felt like I was pretty much in no mans land with that selection and had to make the best of it. I really believe the selection solidify's the defensive front.

Games are won and lost in the trenches ....

I just read a piece from the Crapical written by James Flynt - here's an excerpt from it:

Quote:
think our biggest priority (again) is on defense. We need a solid ILB to play next to Cushing. Sadly, I donít think Darryl Sharpton is the guy. Donít get me wrong, I like Sharpton, but heís undersized and hasnít been himself since his injury. And if we move Sharpton up, we lose a quality depth guy. We arenít drafting for depth in the first two rounds.

I also donít believe that Earl Mitchell is the answer at DT. I could see us drafting ILB and DT in the first two rounds

I dont necessarily agree that they can wait until R3 for a WR .... but I do think DT and ILB are huge holes and one of them could be filled in the first two rounds.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote