View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013   #42
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans hire Asst Special Teams

Here are two articles about special teams.

This is mine putting Marciano in the context of the rest of his career and with this season:

Texans special teams: What is the plan for improvement?

There were 5 teams without designated special team assistants. Now there are 3. The Texans did have part time guys working with STs, and with the Texans in general, they are very collaborative in coaching.

If you look at the designated special team assistants, all have very different backgrounds. Sometimes it is just a little experience helper guy coach. Some former players, either returners-kickers. Some guys like our new guy. It is all over the place.

You might not agree with the piece, but I tried to make it comprehensive. Like a lot of my stuff, it has analysis-thoughts on what happened, but mostly just frames the issue.

Here's Jerome Solomon's piece on STs. We didn't compare notes tho we wrote on the same subject same day.