View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013   #2063
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Well, we need to get rid of Ed Reed since he won't really help us.

And while we're at it, let's get rid of our new fullback, Greg Jones, too.

And our punter.

After all, we're better with Glover Quin and James Casey and Donnie Jones. I mean, last year proved it...oh wait, whoops. My bad. Glover maxed out his ceiling in terms of his coverage skills on the deep ball vs. great QBs, James Casey was a hybrid FB/HB/TE experiment that involved us also adding Lawrence Vickers (thinking the hybrid solution would suffice, but it didn't), and Donnie Jones shanked punts down the stretch and into the playoffs that hurt us.

Not to mention the cost of keeping Quin would have been $1 million more than what we're giving Ed per-year, and the Eagles overpaid for James Casey just like the Raiders overpaid for Brisiel, the Bengals overpaid for Jason Allen, the Bills WAY overpaid for Williams, I could go on and on with how many teams overpaid for our players in terms of what production they received.

Yet Ed Reed is garbage. LOL. "Ozzie knows how to let a guy go a year early rather than a year too late" and yet Ozzie has had eight departures of key starters this off-season. I mean, it's not like there's a MONSTER quarterback contract driving these moves or anything, right? Heh.

Ozzie put together a Super Bowl team and tore it down a few weeks later when he had to save face for the organization by overpaying a mediocre QB. I'm not happy that McNair extended Schaub, but at least he didn't do it up as bad as the Ravens did for Flacco. So we got that going for us, which is nice.

Just thought I'd feed the troll since it's 5:00 and quitting time around here.