View Single Post
Old 08-17-2004   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Re: Sean Salisbury: Texans Are Playoff Contenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Acually, he has been really high on his radio show with him and John Clayton, it think it is Clayton. Clayton is high on them too, but they did say that the Texans would probably only have 7 wins a month ago. Must of seen the Cowboys game....
Fiddy is right about that. I listen to Clayton and Sean on the NFL Huddle on ESPN radio sometimes, and he hasn't ever said much bad about them, but he said around .500 for the Texans last month. He's just changed it to 9 or maybe 10 wins instead of 7 or 8. However, take it all with a grain of salt because you really don't hear any bad publicity about many teams in the NFL. The only team that I've seen everyone bash is the Chargers. Even though the Dolphins lost Ricky and David Boston most 'talking heads' still say they'll be at or around .500 for the year. If we do well then you'll have many people jumping on the bandwagon, and if we do poorly you'll have many people saying they knew it all along. The important thing is this is one of the first times that I've heard "Texans" and "contender" uttered in the same sentence by anyone in the national media. We've got three more weeks of this chatter before the real games begin so I'm sure we'll see more flip flopping. As for Ditka, I believe he'll be on NFL Live pretty regularly. So we'll have plenty of chances to rub it in his face. :hehe:
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote