View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013   #32
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some believe atmosphere is safe for gay NFL player to come out

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Put your well established record of disliking gays down for a moment and put on your logic cap for a second.
Don't dislike them, actually I rather feel sorry for them because I understand their sexuality is nothing they chose yet because of just that they are now saddled with a decided disadvantage, a profound liability when compared to the norm that they must carry throughout their entire lives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
You generalize based on african-american christians dominating the NFL. You leave out typically gregarious rich young men who get together a lot and are recognizable in public. Being as such they draw willing chicks constantly. After a while of going out with a single guy and seeing him get hit on by chicks and he never hooks up or talks about being out on a date eventually you are going to conclude he's gay and just not saying anything. So yes I am sure there have been plenty of guys who have believed they have gay teammates without having to be told.

Absurd objection to a hypothetical but OK - JJ Watt.
I'm talking about the situation where a guy comes out officially and publically and vocally announces he's gay: he's announcing to the whole world what he is and who he is and I'm simply saying there's not an NFL locker room in the league that's ready for that guy at this time nor will there probably be for sometime to come.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote