View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013   #178
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Here's my problem; nobody on this board thinks Ed Reed is going to provide any kind of miracle. The majority of us have what I consider to be realistic expectations for what he will bring to the table, which is a guy who can make a solid contribution from a physical standpoint, apply his experience on the field, and show the other defensive backs how he prepares for the game.
I think your assertion that we all expect him to be some kind of miracle is a straw man argument that you perpetuate, but doesn't exist.
In short, I think you insist on arguing a point that nobody really opposes.
Ed Reed is not going to be a miracle for the Texans. Ed reed will not be the thing that puts the Texans "over the top". Ed Reed should be able to make a positive contribution to the success of the Texans in 2013.
It's not like Reed is showing up on a Defense with NO Talent. Some outside of Houston are acting like the Texans are a bunch of no talent rubes and Reed is our defensive messiah. Let's remember than Bill Belecheat had to formulate a special game plan to face J.J. Watt. I think Reed will be a pretty good cog in a machine that needs a fine tuning.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"