View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013   #23
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not a joke, but yet I guess it is: Vince Young Throws at UT Pro Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
That's exactly what I think is happening. I think people simply realized that Fisher had to taylor his offense around Vince Young's shortcomings. (That's why I think his winning record is a sham).

In addition, everyone has seen how he's flamed out in Philly and Buffalo, and his inability to grasp a playbook and compete. It's clear as day. No one has to bash him behind his back.

As for him coming here? LOL. This guy could never, EVER, grasp our offense. Our offense is based on precision and timing, and a QB needs to be a student of the game.
not just the playbook/offense thing but all the other off-the-field locker room stuff that didn't wind up in the media too. I think collectively, all of it has just been too much for him to overcome...............thus far. I think he'll eventually make it back in the league as a back up based on the Mike Vick situation and on how the league's offenses are trending these days.

One of these teams with a running qb will probably pick him up & he'll have a few years to sit behind the starter and take all the time he needs to learn the offense thereby allowing him to be an asset to the team when he is called upon..a luxury he didn't really have in philly considering it was his 1st real foray into a real NFL offense.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote