View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 274145 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not a joke, but yet I guess it is: Vince Young Throws at UT Pro Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I have to say Jeff Fisher and others must have talked about VY with the league to the degree he is being shunned. I never thought he was as great as people claimed but he clearly has the physical tools and non-smart QB's with questionable work ethics (Carr) keep getting million dollar roster spots. The back room word must be atrocious. I mean c'mon he got bailed as the backup for a guy with several felony convictions.
He can't read defenses. I think it's as simple as that, because we know the NFL will forgive lots of low character offenses (in VY's case, he's a quitter and a whiner).

But his skills, specifically mental, are just not NFL quality. Dude's Wonderlic score was not an accident. He just doesn't have the smarts to be a consistent QB in the NFL when defenses spy him. I think that is the reason why he could even be a third string QB for the Buffalo Bills. They are desperate and would have kept him....if he could learn a basic playbook and comprehend defensive formations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Pat White went back to West Virginia, and now the 49ers are looking at him... so yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Happens all the time actually. Pat White just did it recently, as did Troy Smith. Pretty sure Jared Zabransky did it as well.
Pat White never started in the NFL.

Troy Smith - okay, some abysmal starts, so you gave me one example. Nothing like the VY story, but it does qualify. So we have Troy Smith and VY.

Jared Zabransky never started in the NFL.

NONE of these players, though, were shoved down our collective throats by the national and local media as The Next Hall of Fame QB like VY was hyped.

I don't wish anything bad on Vince Young. I just wish he would go away and become the hydration engineer for UT football that is his destiny.