View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013   #28
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some believe atmosphere is safe for gay NFL player to come out

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
Don't think so, not an openly gay teammate.
In recent days I've seen and heard atleast 2 ESPN reporters ( Michael Wilbon & J.A. Adande), both of whom are A-A men, say roughly the same thing as I'm saying right here. Not exactly the same, but approximately the same thing. It is an environment than most of us on this Board have no knowledge about, and just because you might be frustrated because pro jocks don't share your values & attitudes on this subject, too bad, don't make it any less true than it is.
So everything you're saying is also assumption.

I'd say a locker room is similar to the military prior to Don't Ask, Don't Tell being repealed. If you were gay, chances are people knew. Maybe some people didn't like it, but they'd deal with it. I think a locker room is probably the same way. When you're a team and you're around each other constantly from August to January or February, word will get around and the players will deal with it. Just speculation, but I doubt every gay athlete who's every played a sport has hidden it so no one in the locker room knows.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote