View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013   #172
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post

The misperception that Ed Reed will provide some sort of Miracle play making ability in the defensive backfield, while Schaub remains the same, will push the Texans over the top is what you are staring at.

Here's my problem; nobody on this board thinks Ed Reed is going to provide any kind of miracle. The majority of us have what I consider to be realistic expectations for what he will bring to the table, which is a guy who can make a solid contribution from a physical standpoint, apply his experience on the field, and show the other defensive backs how he prepares for the game.
I think your assertion that we all expect him to be some kind of miracle is a straw man argument that you perpetuate, but doesn't exist.
In short, I think you insist on arguing a point that nobody really opposes.
Ed Reed is not going to be a miracle for the Texans. Ed reed will not be the thing that puts the Texans "over the top". Ed Reed should be able to make a positive contribution to the success of the Texans in 2013.