View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013   #12
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 45235 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not a joke, but yet I guess it is: Vince Young Throws at UT Pro Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
How many ways does this fail?

#1 - It is Fisher.

#2 - nobody, especially me, said Fisher went out of his way to call up and torpedo VY. I suggested there is a back story which has gone around the league which is why he is sitting on the couch. You don't think these people talk?

#3 - I am not either a VY fan or a UT fan other than at the level of I will root for UT just because it is a Texas team unless it is playing my alma mater.

We are way beyond being a new star in the league. But he could be backing up a number of QB's in the league without any new system having to be built for him. In fact, just the opposite, his skill set should have people with those rare QB's knocking on his door. But they aren't.
First, I have no doubt Fisher let the other coaches know of his concerns with VY. However,the NFL is VERY forgiving, especially for highly talented players. Coaches will take chances on guys who have plenty of talent and keep them if they think they can help the team win and that player keeps his nose clean and isn't a problem in the locker room. Now, what many of VY's fans don't seem willing to admit is that MAYBE the concerns about VY are valid and these other coaches are seeing evidence thus his inability to make a team.

Second, I didn't call you a VY fan boy and if it came across that way I'm sorry. My statement was in general about VY fan boys. I come across many of them in various places and their manta is "He just wins" and "It's Fisher's fault he can't get a shot". Maybe he does win, but if he's a head case and has issues that the public doesn't see but coaches do then that could explain his lack of offers. There has to be a reason why he's been given chances after he left TN and still isn't able to land a job.

Frankly he needs to go to the CFL for a year and prove he still has the juice. If he can lead a CFL team to wins and make a playoff run, then he might get one last chance before he's forced to manage his restaurant in order to make rent.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote