View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013   #11
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46286 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not a joke, but yet I guess it is: Vince Young Throws at UT Pro Day

VY got plenty of chances. Philly thought enough of him to sign him as did Buffalo, but he couldn't stick. I highly doubt Fischer was calling the Eagles and Bills to bad mouth him enough for them to cut him. I laugh when vy fan boys blame his ills on Fischer. If he had the goods and the smarts to play in the league, he'd be playing in the league.

If I had to guess, I'd bet coaches think that his skills are such that the offense needs to be built around his abilities and shortcomings, rather than him fitting into a system or learning a system as a backup. I also have heard rumors that VY was constantly angling to be the starter instead of accepting his role as a backup and was causing tension in the locker room.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote