View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013   #151
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Eh, don't take it personally, there are plenty of stereotypes out there, and plenty of uninformed people who like to paint with a broad brush. I do take issue with this though:

What a load of ignorant crap. Lone Star is on par with Bud/Miller/Coors, and Shinerbock is a step above. But there is a growing number of craft breweries in Texas with quite a good following, and new ones opening every month or so. We just had 8th Wonder Brewery open up in Houston last month, and they have a few good ones. Saint Arnold is a solid brewery. Austin is booming with a variety of breweries. Live Oak and Thirsty Planet are great, and Jester King could possibly be a top 10 craft brewery in the country. JK does a great job of variety and consistency at a high level for a craft brewery.

You simply don't have an industry growing like this if everyone drinks Shiner and Lone Star.

I had nothing to with that post about beer- I love all beers. Good friend of mine brews Boner Beer- heard of it?