View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013   #37
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 6.0: Post Compensatory Pick Announcement Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if Cody is resigned. The team needs depth at NT and Cody would be a cheap vet min signing. At the moment all the Texans have is Earl Mitchell and Ra'Shon "Sunny" Harris(spent the year on IR). A cheap vet like Cody would make sense along with a draft pick.
Don't think "Sunny" Harris is on the team anymore. He's not listed on their roster on their official website at NFL.com anyways. The NT's that are listed are; Mitchell, Terrell McClain, and David Hunter.

McClain is one of those guys Rick Smith finds on the waiver wire all the time. They picked him up last year about mid season. He's 6'2", 300 lbs and was drafted in the 3rd round by Carolina in 2011. He started 12 games for them, had an injury, and was released by them, I think, before the 2012 season started. Then NE picked him up and he played in 1 game for them, and they cut him in October. The Texans picked him up and he's been on the team since. I don't think he ever recovered from his injury enough last season and that's why he had a tough time sticking with a team. He may be a serviceable NT if he's fully recovered from injury.

Hunter was an UDFA out of U of H last year and I think the Texans were really high on him, but he was injured, I think, in preseason, and put on IR for the whole year.

So, the NT position is pretty thin right now, but I don't think they'll resign Cody due to his bad back and age. My guess is the Texans will draft a NT, possibly in the 2nd or 3rd rounds, to help out.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote