View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013   #18
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Some believe atmosphere is safe for gay NFL player to come out

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Meh, I wouldn't care if a player is openly gay but it could cause trouble in a locker room. I don't think it's right that a person feels that they cannot be who they want to be, but it's their colleagues that do that to them, not the fans really.
I agree with what Obsi is saying about the fact that the media would try to stir things up. I think the actual workplace stuff is overblown. I have worked in several offices in Houston with openly gay people (including having supervised a few) and other than an initial titillation of "did you hear he or she is gay" it was done. No harassment, essentially no comments behind their backs, they weren't shunned from private parties nor while at business events like the Christmas Party when they brought their partner.