View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013   #40
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: FA FB Greg Jones to visit Texans today

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
Now that's football!!!

I wonder how long the forearm shiver will be legal with all the new liability limitation/player safety rules? If applied to the defender's head, it probably is already illegal. The fullback may become an endangered species in the new "safer" NFL (No-contact Football League). It won't be long before the crown rule is applied to fullbacks as well as running backs (I'm not sure, they may already be included in the new rule).

In my view, the power running game is football...my big uglies versus your big uglies. Old fart that I am, I think the fullback is a fundamental part of the running game. Without it, the game becomes nothing but trickery and deception (screens, counters, play-action passes) or it devolves into the spread or run and shoot where the running play itself becomes a deception.

Third and goal at the two yard line...you know I want to run the ball...and I know you know. I must to be able to run the ball into the end zone. If you know I can't run the ball in from the two, all you have do is set six or eight DBs back in coverage and you've effectively stopped me. We've all watched this happen again and again. Somebody, either my running back or my fullback has to take care of All-Pro inside linebacker filling the gap that is my lane to the end zone.

While I do like the ability to run from a singleback formation, it has limitations when used exclusively (look at the Colts' running game for the last ten years).

Official end of rant...I think he would be a great addition for the team.
Didn't sound like a rant to me. I agree with every word of it. He's a hoss and if that's not the definition of 'cut', then I don't know what is.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote