View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013   #39
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 113586 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rotoworld 2013 Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
It's not really surprising that he got Ed Reed, Rick was a safety in college and probably idolizes him. Plus he had Andre Johnson helping him recruit, so there's that. In the drafts since Rick got here, we have gone defense in the first round of all of them but the Duane Brown pick. Rick's a defensive guy by nature, and I'm sure that he would love nothing more than to have a team like the 2000 Ravens who relied on excellent defense, and a solid running game. I think it's been pretty obvious that he focuses on the defense more than the offense.

Well so far, Gary is 1 for 6, so I would bet on Wade.
I dunno, tough call... Uncle Bob is still maintaining the old BPA mantra

Quote:
After a franchise-best 12-4 season, the Texans have the 27th overall pick in the 2013 draft. McNair was asked if he expects his team to prioritize drafting a wide receiver.
It depends on what’s available when our pick comes up,” he said. “If we had an outstanding wide receiver who was available at that point in time, I don’t doubt we’d take him. If there was a football player that was a better player that was an inside linebacker than the wide receiver that’s available, we’d take him. We’re going to take the best player that’s available. We got a number of positions where we could use the player, so we’re not limited to just one position looking for that player.”
...and if you don't think Uncle Bob hasn't started flexing his football muscles...
LINK
Quote:
(on what his role is in the draft process)
“Well, my role is to meet with (GM) Rick (Smith) and with (COO) Cal (McNair) and with (Head coach) Gary (Kubiak) and the coaches and go through this analysis and make sure that we’re all thinking clearly and not overlooking something. That we have come to a consensus {translation: They UNDERSTAND what *I* want!} as to what it is that we need to do and where we need to make changes. Then Rick and his people go out and work hard to get all the information on the players out there. And the coaches will work with them to try to get the right player at the right position. It’s a group effort and we’ve got good people in place, and they’re gonna do a great job.”
What's that do to your mocks?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote