View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013   #38
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rotoworld 2013 Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I wouldn't be pissed with tavon Austin, but I think there are better players we could take.

I think Austin can be explosive, but I think he will struggle as a receiver in a traditional offense. I think someone like Brice McCain could get physical with him at the line and take him out of his routes.

Gonna have to put him in the right situation and use him correctly.
pretty much. A player chosen in the first shouldn't be relegated to just a package or 2 in the offense which should make him a no-go for most teams except for those with multiple picks in the 1st and the last 2 teams in the 1st.

For him to be as effective as possible he'd need to be in a spread offense of some sort. and all those offenses already have guys who can do what he does and have proven it on the next level.

GB = Randall Cobb
NO = Darren Sproles
NE = Danny Amendola

Aside from that, i think he could work well with Cam in Carolina, but with them needing a true outside threat in the worst way, i doubt they waste a 1st on him if any one of these top WR prospects is within their reach.

he's a helluva an athlete, but he's just too small to really become a consistent force on an offense.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote