View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013   #35
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans hire Asst Special Teams

When I watch The Walking Dead, sometimes I look at Daryl's inability to just kill his brother Merle and be done with it....and I think "Daryl is a lot like Gary Kubiak, both of them are too loyal to people who AREN"T HELPING matters. In fact, the problem grows."

Inaction and paralysis is awful. Gary is just unable to really do anything that requires facing a let-down. It's why he can't watch game-deciding field goals. Yeah, yeah, yeah: It's just his silly tradition. Whatever. For all the talk of how he's a genius and all that jazz, the guy cannot stomach tense moments that might end in catastrophe.

He'd rather work with a known commodity (Frank Bush, Matt Schaub, Joe Marciano, David Anderson, Kevin Walter, etc.) than risk having his paradigm shifted half of an inch to the right or left.

This is probably why Jacoby Jones just never could get it together here. Jacoby was a challenge for Gary. Then Jacoby goes to Baltimore, and all of a sudden he's making all these clutch catches in big games when he couldn't even pull down no more than 1 pass in 11 targets in the 2011 Oakland game at Reliant when AJ was out. That's why our offense is dying a slow death, IMO: Gary doesn't know how to adjust and diversify his offense. He's lost David Anderson. Matt Schaub is lesser of a QB now with the foot injury. OD is getting older and slower, less durable, he lost Dreessen to the Broncos, let Winston go and lost Brisiel to free agency a year ago, and now he's lost James Casey and cut Kevin Walter. For a man who doesn't like his cheese moved, he's had his cheese moved a lot the past two off-seasons. And even the things he did to re-load, adding Martin and Posey in the draft, have had severe hiccups in one form or another. Now he doesn't even have Posey, and Martin is a question mark as a reliable every-down WR.

So, things are a little bleak if you ask me. Gary has an uphill climb this year. Even more than he did last year. 2013 will be another season of Wade' guys having to bail Gary out. And roughly halfway through the season, it will take its toll and I don't even know that adding Ed Reed can get us over the hump this time around.

I have low, low expectations this year. Like 9-win expectations type of low expectations. When Kirwan says we're likely a wild card team, I can understand why he thinks that. It's possible. Very possible.

I will go so far as to even say that we probably go deeper into the playoffs if we DO go in as a wild card team. This team cannot handle being the favorite. It melts under the pressure. Might as well pump themselves up with anger at being "just a wildcard team," and then have the old "We'll show them!" attitude rather than winning the division and watching HFA slip away as you piss away each HFA-clutching game the last two weeks of the season. You could just tell after the Patriots game that this team was gassed. Pooped. Done. Finished. They were. It was like watching your dog die slowly over four weeks of time. And then fellow fans telling you that you don't have faith in your team and you're a POS for not believing they'd heal themselves and be normal again. LOL. Yeah, sure. ****ing super fans.