View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013   #20
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rotoworld 2013 Mock Drafts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
i'm still not getting #1 (or even #2) wide receiver from either response, more a #3 playmaker. peter warrick and percy harvin ... two playmakers who havent topped 1000 receiving yards as pros.

like i've said, i dont watch college ball so my opinion is less than worthless, but patterson wouldnt even be my first choice from tennessee. he just doesnt look like he translates to the pro game, which i assume is why he's dropping. i'd personally rather have a wide receiver than a playmaker.
Playmakers win games

Harvin was a top 10 player before getting injured. (Excluding QB's) The goal is to score points, not to pidgeon hole players in to a this position or that position.

Players like Harvin/Patterson help win games. Patterson has only played 1 yr of college ball and lit up the SEC, he has so much untapped potential. Teams like the Seahawks seem to agree with this philosophy. They gave up the picks/$$$$ to get Harvin and Patterson has the ability to be better than Harvin.

If you want a good solid WR then draft a guy like Hopkins. If both Hopkins and Patterson are available at 27 give me a playmaker like Patterson everyday and twice on Sundays. This is not meant as a slight on Hopkins.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote