View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013   #95
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouTx11 View Post
My take on this. I did not read every reply, so if all of this has already been covered earlier in this thread then my apologies:

I do believe that if Trent Dilfer or Joe Flacco can lead a team to the Super Bowl, than it is definitely possible for Matt Schaub to do so also, but everyone else on the team from the front office all the way down to the waterboy had better be on their A game in order to get it done!

Matt Schaub is a good QB, but he is not a great QB. He can lead the team to a point, but don't expect him to always be the one to do the heavy lifting! Other players (not just blaming a Jacoby Jones or a Kevin Walter) HAVE to step up!!!!

Having said all that, it wasn't all luck that helped the Ravens win the Super Bowl. Teams have to play the game for 60 minutes, and the Broncos and Pats did NOT! The Ravens had the heart and the determination to win it more so than the Broncos or the Patriots did! If we are gonna bring luck into this, a valid point could be made that it was because of bad luck that the Ravens weren't in the Super Bowl last year as well!

It wasn't all skill, though, that got the Ravens in. Things might have been different for the Ravens had they faced the Pats in Foxboro for the divisional playoff game as opposed to the AFC title game. The Pats had more time to prepare for the Texans than they did against the Ravens. The luck of timing probably did play into the Ravens' hands a bit.
I will say this: to compare Schaub to Dilfer as a QB and equate their chances of winning a SB is a worn out cliché- the game has changed.