View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013   #93
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82184 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Don't say I didn't warn you.

Positive Rep is be all end all?

Wow.
Back on topic, I can say I understand where you're coming from regarding Reed's diminished athleticism, but I still think for at least next season, it is a net positive for the Texans.
Let me emphasize that I do not believe the Reed acquisition puts the team over the hump to getting a trophy.
I would've been happy if the deal didn't happen, providing that they used the money for a legit improvement, but I still think Reed can bring some positives to the team on and off the field.
I honestly think this acquisition was more about building a culture of winning than anything. Bob wants to emulate a few different franchises, and Baltimore is one of them for good reason.
I think the FO wanted to bring someone into the locker room who has a history of winning, of playing big in big games, and making clutch plays.
The Texans are a talented team, but when the chips were down, they wilted. They seriously withered when the lights were brightest, and Reed has a reputation for doing the exact opposite pretty much, right?