View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013   #71
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ted Johnson calls Vince Wilfork's wife "ugliest he's ever seen"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I haven't listened to 610 since Josh Innis got there. That dude should be nominated for Biggest Douche in the Universe.
I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Well said. Just another example of bad talk radio.

Same here on satellite radio. I listen to some 790 on the commutes. Rome is no longer on in Houston, but has you suggested, he has "jumped the shark".
I heard awhile back that Rome is supposed to be back on Houston airwaves.

Here's more info: Rome excited about new Showtime program, return to Houston radio in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I like guy talk because there are plenty of times where there are not truly relevant sports issues and even when there the issue is getting beat to death. what I don't like is that much of "guy talk" has to be immature frat house or lockerroom type talk. More to life than chicks, getting drunk, and pulling silly pranks.
I have not heard much beyond the frat house talk, so my own perspective is that most of this "guy talk" is just goofy dude drama and fart jokes...or just plain dumb questions like the one that started this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedTexans View Post
I actually like the segment . It's nice to hear some different "entertainment" every once and a while . Talking about the same topic all day everyday , especially with the offseason and little going on in sports. Only so many times you can re tread topics . Just IMHO ...
I'll be honest, I do not listen to much sports talk outside of football season. I care about one subject - NFL football - so I'm not the best expert about sports talk radio. I think there are way too many stations these days and most of them have very little relevant conversations. I understand why they are resorting to "guy talk", but then again, I'm not the demographic they are trying to capture.