View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013   #65
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
My hunch is that the FO realized they needed less of the class clown guys like Barwin and Cody, and more serious professionals like Ed Reed.

That, to me, is the main motivation for bringing Reed in. Change the culture.
Absolutely plausible. Agreed.

Wade played lip service when he said nice things about Barwin (during the time leading up to his Eagles deal).

One thing I love about our owner is that he's established a Huge Cultural Attitude within the organization that it's a mortal sin to ever speak negatively about a player once he leaves the team, for whatever reason. Look back on how many times asshats like Carr, Dunta, Mario, players who can afford to have manners when leaving...but no, they run their mouths about us. Now look back and how many times have we heard about Bob or Gary or Rick or any coach saying negative, spiteful things about an ex-player? I can think of one only, and I think it was a positional coach.

Barwin is nothing more than David Carr when it comes down to it. Have waited for him to be gone for two years now, and very happy the Texans didn't sign him back.