View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #128
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to go WR heavy in Draft

It's very important for undersized WR to have great balance, be explosive & flash ability to change direction simultaneously. Austin has that, I feel he would fit just about any offense, Chip Kelly would love to have him & I think Gary Kubiak would as well. Best measure is not really 40 time as much as short shuttle times. Austin ran it 4.01 seconds as did Quinton Patton & Markus Wheaton (both 2nd rd. grades). So if Texans are going to load up with WR's why not use a late round pick 6-7 on a slot guy instead? T.J. Moe, Missouri is a tough buger he ran his short shuttle in 3.96 sec. 5'11" 204 his hands are almost 10" plus he is strong as an ox 26 reps & not afraid whatsoever to cross over the middle. Was Blaine Gabberts top weapon as a sophomore, 92 receptions, 1,045 yards & 6 TD's. I'm not sure how they do it but seems like a better way to address need for a slot receiver. IMO

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote