View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #2025
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Earlier in this thread, I reported his missed tackles stats last year. This has not been characteristic for Reed. It brings up the recollection of one of my posts in the thread last year "Ravens Injuries," prior to the Ravens - Texans game.

This type of injury does not "heal." If not major, in some cases, it may at least for some indeterminate period of time, be compensated for by concentrated muscle strengthening of the muscles of the shoulder, much like a rotator cuff. It is very prone to re-injury/extended injury which with each incident increases the chance that surgical repair would be necessary.

This injury can have varying degrees of pain with full range of motion of the shoulder, and be accompanied by significant range of motion limitations, consistent with a safety "missing" tackles. The player will tend to avoid direct shoulder contact, will demonstrate less strength in wrapping, and certainly avoid one-handed tackles that could bend the involved shoulder/arm backwards.

I would look for these patterns to be lessened with offseason "rest" and concentrated rehab strengthening, as long as the injury has not already progressed too far.......and he does not sustain further injury to the shoulder.
Your always full of good news, Doc.