View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #125
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans to go WR heavy in Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I agree with everything you said except for the last part. Personally I'd be pleased if we ended up with either, but I think Austin is going to be a guy you're going to have to devise a game plan around. I think that's worthy of a first.
I don't want the texans to spend a first on him. I didn't say he wasn't worth a first, but I don't believe he fits our offense. I think his best fit would be with a team that runs read option type plays where he could utilize his running ability and there wouldn't be as much emphasis on precise route running.

He'd be able to line up off the line more and get some pee snap movement. You could heavily involve him in the game plan.

If you line him up in a traditional offense he's going to have to beat the press more often and deal with close man coverage. I don't see him being effective in that regard.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote