View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #67
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
If the offense maintains long sustaining drives and scores touchdowns, that makes the job of the defense easier.

The NFL has organized its rules to bring about high scoring games and protecting the QB, that is a fact. Therefore, any offense better perform well in order to limit the opportunities that an opposing marquee QB has in any game.

The main issue I saw regarding the games against the Patriots and the Packers was a poorly designed and conservative offensive game plan that relied on the defense to keep those games low scoring.

In my opinion, the Texans would get more wins with Kubiak being more creative and utilizing the pieces he has more effectively than expecting the defense to keep the scoring of games in the low teens.
Repped

This is why I've been an it's time to fix the offense guy. It also wouldn't hurt if Gary didn't go into turtle mode when his team has a lead in the 2nd half.

I'm not a Gary hater, but see areas the he needs to improve.