View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #56
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
TRENT DILFER IS THE EXCEPTION NOT THE RULE!!!!!!

My god, what do you think gives you a better chance of winning the superbowl?

A Trent Dilfer level qb or a Brady,Peyton, Rogers, Brees level qb? How about the next tier of elite qbs like Big Ben, Eli, Flacco, Romo type of qbs? Schaub IMO is after that second tier. Above average to average.
ummm... every QB you have listed, with the exception of Flacco, won the same number of playoff games or fewer - if they even MADE the PLAYOFFS - as Matt Schaub. If they're so fabulous, why didn't they do better in the playoffs??

And, although it bugs most people around here to say it out loud, Flacco wouldn't have his ring if not for Jacoby Jones. The Ravens won the Super Bowl by 3 pts. Once the SF defense woke up, they shut Flacco & co down, holding them to 6 pts in the second half. Had Jacoby not run back that KO for a TD, they would have lost.

Did I mention Jacoby took an underthrown ball - that he had to fall down to catch - and turned it into a TD? They should have split the MVP between Boldin and Jones. Flacco had no business being MVP of that game.

There, I said it.