View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #2026
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
But, imo, he's done a poor job of attracting top tier talent to the Texans. Yes, he gets a point for bringing in Jjo, another for Manning. But he started out trying to get Aso..... worked out for us that he couldn't land Aso. He couldn't land Boden. & there was a time there that I thought he missed on Reed. I'll give him a point for that one.
I'll never get this kind of criticism of any GM. Nothing saying we "couldn't" get Aso or Bodden. It's a negotiation and the two sides didn't come to terms. You're acting like Rick was just a poor salesman on the Texans and a good one could have gotten Aso to sign for $7 mil less which is pretty silly.