View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #2024
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
That's a dumb statement- you act all important and then post this? Shame on you.

Smith got to be the GM by knowing something; but of course, you know better.

I understand now. Its all about the "U" and the relationships made there.
Smith got to be the GM by knowing Kubiak.

Granted, he & the scouting dept has been doing an above average job in the draft & Identifying lesser known free agents. He's done an excellent job of getting stop gaps in the middle of the season.

But, imo, he's done a poor job of attracting top tier talent to the Texans. Yes, he gets a point for bringing in Jjo, another for Manning. But he started out trying to get Aso..... worked out for us that he couldn't land Aso. He couldn't land Boden. & there was a time there that I thought he missed on Reed. I'll give him a point for that one.

But... his overall record is week for attracting top tier talent & orchestrating trades. Things that go into making a great GM, in addition to drafting players. He's also on the fence for managing the cap.

No doubt in my mind that had Aj not let the Texans know that Reed was interested, we wouldn't have looked in his direction. Maybe a dumb statement. But I think his track record supports it.

Not only that, but replacing Quin was not a "need" most of us thought resigning Quin was top priority... or at least one of the top priorities. Replacing Demps & Keo was a "need"