View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: There's a reason Ed Reed won't put Houston over the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
I don't know what TOP means. Is is it some statistic?

I am merely commenting on what I see with own eyes and using my brain to figure out what is going on.

Against Green Bay in the first half, the offense couldn't get a drive going and therefore fell behind quickly because Rogers got hot quickly. Essentially, the same thing happened against the Patriots in the regular season matchup.

Then in the playoffs, the Texans get a great kickoff return and the offense cannot punch it in for a touchdown. I didn't watch the second half of the Patriots playoff game because I was tired of seeing the same thing repeatedly occurring.

Maybe there are statistics, like the TOP you are referring to, that demonstrate that the Texans offense is more productive than what I can explain with my own words. But the key is being the most productive when it counts the most.

The truth is, the Texans offense struggles when it matters the most and I don't think any statistic can capture that.
Truth is a lot of high-powered offense struggled when it mattered the most: usually when they lost the SB. Heck some even struggled in a SB win as well.