View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #2021
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Reed played mostly CF where as Quin came down to run with the TEs a lot; so they have different roles really.

Reed missed an awful lot tackles.
I didn't watch every game, but I think PFF or some site keeps track of those things.

I watched the Ravens play-offs games and a few others, and the pattern holds.

Granted, I think our guys are more disciplined in run support, and that should help Reed. I don't know how to explain it, but I think the number of misses by Reed would have been less with the Texans; at least, I hope so.

But the fact is that Reed did miss a lot of tackles (I think it was something like 1.5 per reg season game, a number that he cut down to about 1 in the play-offs.)

Some of the misses were because he "kinda" go for it all, instead of playing it safe by breaking down and wait for the play to come to him.

If you complain about Keo, you would be horrified watching those misses, at least 2 of them resulting in TDs (even though I wouldn't hold it solely against him.)
Good post- Ed did miss a bunch last year, as well as blown coverage and gambling for the big play resulting in TDs....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote