View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #2007
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
An interesting take on Reed, and some interesting facts about and statements by Reed worth reading .
CnD,

Thanks for the link. Good article, but I didn't really like his take away that Reed isn't as smart as people think. As an athlete and someone who spent 25 years in the military (probably shows I'm not too smart either), if you love what you do or play, most of us keep doing it until we truly can't do it any longer. Call it the heart of a warrior or stupidity; I don't really care what the media puppets say.

This Teddy Roosevelt quote is something I've recalled frequently through my life and one that I think embodies guys like Ed Reed and Mr. Harvey (The Critic)...

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote