View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #31
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Urlacher - does he have anything left for us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not talking about a "Mr. Right now" I'm talking about 4 year guys that aren't signing with their original team, for whatever reason. Might be a guy like Wade Smith, might be a guy like Antonio Smith (five years with Arizona). Maybe we'll get lucky & find a Jonathan Vilma.

If we found Darryl Sharpton in the 4th round & he's "good enough" for that position if he could stay healthy, I'd imagine there are several guys out there in FA that fit that bill.

I want someone who is good, but can't break the starting line-up because he's playing behind AJ Hawk, or Jarrod Mayo, or Patrick Willis.
All I'm saying is if they feel that they need a "Mr. Right-Now" then there are better options available than Urlacher. I get what you're saying and there might be a guy out there who isn't just a stop-gap just waiting to be uncovered. That works too. Better in fact if he exists.

If their plan is to draft a guy and they want insurance in case he's not ready to hit the field on day one then there are a lot of ways to address that which don't involve big, slow, guys with great name recognition. On that we both agree.