View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #2004
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Way off topic. I was going to include this with my previous post, but decided it needed it's own. Probably should be in another thread. But.....

I think highly of Glover Quin. I think Wade thinks highly of Glover Quin. Glover Quin was our best safety last year. They might call him a free safety, but he doesn't play like one. He's in the box more than not. He's manned up on a TE more than not. He rarely plays that "last line of defense" that a FS gives you. When it's just two safeties, Manning is the last line of defense. When it's three safeties, Demps/Keo is the last line of defense (I don't understand it either, but that's the way it was). 14 passes defensed. That means he was in someone's grille when they were trying to catch the ball.

He gave up some TDs, PFF has him ranked very low among safeties. & there are reasons for that. But, when I watched the games, two players stood out to me in our secondary as playing above the bar.... Kj (16 passes defensed) & Quin. Everyone else was reacting to the ball carrier. Kj & Quin weren't allowing the offensive player to become the "ball carrier".
I think Quin is not a Texans, because Reed has something the Texans wanted & they value more than what Quin had to offer. Glover Quin is going to have a long successful career. I don't know that he'll ever be a super star (like Reed) but he's not going to get cut next year because the Lions think his production isn't worth it (ala Winston).