View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #148
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's the next move for the Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Yes, there will be a $3.5M cap hit, but you still save $6M you can use to get other players. If Rick Smith/Greg Olsen can work their magic & get Urlacher & Winston for that $6M, would it be worth it if we also picked up a 2nd or a high Third in the trade?

I think Antonio finally started earning his keep in the last two years. Back to back career years for him. Excellent production from a 3-4 DE, you couldn't ask for more, unless you've got Jj Watt playing like a 4-3 DE in a 3-4.

But this is about tomorrow, the 2013 season. I have no doubt the Ninja will put out his best effort. If Jj continues to do what he do, Antonio will probably have another very productive season. I'm not advocating that we cut him. A restructure would make more sense; it frees up some money & you'll have him locked up for the next 3-4 years, where I think our window is.

But just saying, a 2nd (or high 3rd), plus two veteran players for Antonio, it's tempting.
My solution is to keep Antonio and maybe drafting this guy who can play both the NG and DE . The question is when do you draft him . I would go with a WR in the 1st and wouldn't trade up for him either , so that's about a 15% chance he'll be there .

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=DT