View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #147
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What's the next move for the Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I believe you still incur some cap penalty if you trade him .... I dont think you have an option to cut Ninja , restructuring is a much better option.
Yes, there will be a $3.5M cap hit, but you still save $6M you can use to get other players. If Rick Smith/Greg Olsen can work their magic & get Urlacher & Winston for that $6M, would it be worth it if we also picked up a 2nd or a high Third in the trade?

I think Antonio finally started earning his keep in the last two years. Back to back career years for him. Excellent production from a 3-4 DE, you couldn't ask for more, unless you've got Jj Watt playing like a 4-3 DE in a 3-4.

But this is about tomorrow, the 2013 season. I have no doubt the Ninja will put out his best effort. If Jj continues to do what he do, Antonio will probably have another very productive season. I'm not advocating that we cut him. A restructure would make more sense; it frees up some money & you'll have him locked up for the next 3-4 years, where I think our window is.

But just saying, a 2nd (or high 3rd), plus two veteran players for Antonio, it's tempting.