View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #2006
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 15120 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This isn't about Andre getting in the ear of the front office, TK.

Geez Louise, what are you smoking tonight???

I mean, is it possible that the following happening (rather than AJ telling the front office there's this guy named Ed Reed they need to look at):

1. Glover Quin was due a BIG FAT ASS RAISE by somebody, anybody. He got one. Not form us, though. Because the FO knew what was going to happen...some team flush with a bazillion in cap space was going to take a run at one of Wade Phillips' young safeties who has a lot of tread on the tires.

2. While the run-up to free agency is occurring, the front office decides to skip the effort to re-sign Quin...and well, hmmm....WHAT IF we went after Ed Reed since we all know (since we in the front office are connected to the NFL world more than fans are) that the Ravens are going to have a fire sale once Flacco's contract hits the news. Hmmm....that just might be a good temporary fix, let's go talk to Gary and Wade about. And we'll keep Bob in the loop on this, too.

3. OK, so we're all on board with wooing Ed Reed to Houston. Sure, other teams are not making a run at him. But then again, we don't have a free safety anymore and we can draft one for the next two years and hopefully get him going for us OR find another one in FA the next two years. Send the jet, oh and by the way.......

4. ...Someone make sure Andre Johnson is staying in close contact with him. Let's leverage that relationship.

I mean, TK, come on man...you really think Ed Reed is here because he's been popping into Rick Smith's office or email inbox...letting them know we should get Ed Reed?

I'm pretty sure they knew AJ and Ed have had that relationship. Pretty sure they didn't need AJ making a sales job to the FO in order to put Ed on the radar.

The planets aligned in a way that got Ed Reed here, and AJ played a cursory role in it. Period.
Other than the part about Flacco's contract causing a fire sale in Baltimore, this is the best post about Reed in this entire thread.

Ed showed his loyalty to Baltimore by chasing the money which wasn't even there. 1 team showed interest in Ed- the Texans. He made double last year than what he will get this year. And the ravens paid him every cent of his 6 yr $46million dollar contract- yet he felt 'disrespected' last year.

I for one am glad we Ravens fans don't have to go through the entire off season wondering "Will Ed retire? Will Ed play?" He has become an attention hog with his ambiguous statements.

The Ravens wanted him back, but not at what he got from the Texans.

I hope you get half of what some of you expect out of him.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote