View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013   #18
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock Version 6.0:Post Comepnsatory Pick Annoucment Draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I really like Manuel and would love to snap him up if he was there when we pick. He'd have a chance to watch for a year as the Schaub era plays out. He's a little raw but his size, arm, and mobility are everything you want in a qb.
I don't get why anyone would like him outside of his physical ability. I was very excited for him to start for the Noles, but then reality crept in. Reality showed that Manuel couldn't make reads fast enough and was essentially afraid to make decisions. Take off and run? Throw to the post? The out? Dump off to the RB? Too many options for Manuel. He can't decide consistently enough and he can't read a defense to help him make a decision. Sure he has mobility, mobility that he was also afraid to use. We ran the option with Christian Ponder. Guess what happened when Manuel came in? We ran it for 3 games until it became obvious that Manuel didn't want to run, he didn't like it AND he got injured. He doesn't make a decision to scramble fast enough either. His ability to scramble is basically moot when his mind becomes involved. He has size. He has strength, too. He's also a nice guy that can run fast and throw far as well. The problem is that his mind doesn't understand that. His mind does not allow him to tap his full physical ability. We've seen it 100 times. This is just another example.

As much as I would have LOVED for this kid to have been legit, he just wasn't. I saw too much of him to be wrong. So, I guess this is me saying that I can't be wrong about this, even though that's ridiculous. I've just seen too much of him to ever put my faith in him even for one more down.

BTW, Wolfe from NC State is a good player. I remember watching him over the years and him jumping out at me for making key plays. I couldn't really give you a breakdown of the guy, because most of those memories are limited, but I remember liking him for some time now.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 03-24-2013 at 09:10 AM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote