View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013   #136
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's the next move for the Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
As I understand, if Smith is cut or traded $3.5m dead money counts against 2013 cap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If he plays for us this year, he'll count more. I want to say $9M, but it might be $6M. Either way, we have more cap room without him. However, I'm not too confident in our depth; Crick & Jamison. Wade may be, & that's all that matters.
If Antonio plays for the Texans this year, the Texans will have to fork out $6M in cash to pay him.
They will incur a $9.5M cap charge.

So if they cut him, they have $6M to spend.

However, there's no true 34DE on the FA market that is anywhere his caliber.
There will be several of them next year though.

Like Lucky said; if you cut him, you only create a different hole with nothing to fill.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote