View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013   #1998
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
My whole point is that playing in the NFL is voluntary employment. If the guys are scared of getting hurt then they need to go get regular jobs making what we make. I know a lot of people who have already lost interest in the NFL over how powder puff it has become. They will only begin to lose more and more fans. And they will either have to go back old school or watch the game disappear.

At my job you have to sign a contract just to work here, stating that if you are hurt on the job or have and long term injuries after employment because of work assignments that the company is not liable. NFL implement the same thing and we can go back to some hard hitting.
That contract you had to sign is worth about as much as the paper it's printed on. I realize after all the TORT reform the enumeration isn't what it used to be but rest assured if anyone who signed that contact gets injured through no fault of his own a good personal injury attorney will shred that document in court.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote