View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013   #1995
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
My whole point is that playing in the NFL is voluntary employment. If the guys are scared of getting hurt then they need to go get regular jobs making what we make. I know a lot of people who have already lost interest in the NFL over how powder puff it has become. They will only begin to lose more and more fans. And they will either have to go back old school or watch the game disappear.

At my job you have to sign a contract just to work here, stating that if you are hurt on the job or have and long term injuries after employment because of work assignments that the company is not liable. NFL implement the same thing and we can go back to some hard hitting.
I understand, and its no different than any other dangerous job. Growing up around the refineries its the same way, but when that refinery fails to provide safety to their employees it still opens them up to litigation if one of their employees gets injured or dies.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote