View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013   #1990
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87974 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
There's only one thing I'm concerned about with Reed. He was suspended for a game last year because of accumulated hits on a defenseless player. The league later overturned it and fined him $50K. I hope it doesn't get in his head too much and take away his aggressiveness and I worry about the league trying to suspend him this year if he does happen to pick up a penalty. Its no wonder why he was trying to get as much money as possible.
Now days you get a penalty if you look at the QB wrong, you now get one if you lead hit/tackle with the crown of your helmet this includes defense tackling or hitting a player.

This league is out of control. These guys know the risks of playing the game. It is a choice they make and the career they choose. This may be off subject but if the NFL wants to remain the most popular sport in the world than it better chill out with all these dumb rules for player safety otherwise there wont be any players to protect cause the NFL will be a thing of the past IMO.