View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013   #123
bobbeaux
Rookie

Rep Power: 595 bobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respectedbobbeaux is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What's the next move for the Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
While I do agree with others that it's prudent to have most if not all starters in place before the draft, I also don't think it had to be that way.

With certain positions like the #2 receiver, another deep draft means that some of those guys will be a starter comes next season. As a result, some UFAs will be forced to sit home watching the tube. A guy like Walter could be just a phone call away for vet minimum.

Same thing at RT; it's not a sure thing that Winston or some other guys will find a home. Then there's always Ryan Harris.

Caldwell or somebody else; Cody or somebody else; somehow, I think there will still be a guy or two that you can sign at vet minimum.

It might be best to wait for the rest of the teams who have abundance of cap space to overpay before we swoop in for the best of the rest.
this isn't the draft class to find a rookie wr that's ready to contribute from day 1 . . . we need at least 1 fa wr and i'm ok with resigning walter for min+, but we have an opportunity to at least upgrade now . . . some are talking about barden . . . hixon is the better wr to steal away from ny while they try to resign both hicks and cruz . . .

and w/ a 4th, we can find a starter on the ol if our own haven't developed.

seems there will be a lot of guys playing for the vet min this year.
bobbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote