View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013   #123
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Shane Lechler - Signed Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
This is true, but I think the big difference is that despite being almost equal most considered it a good yr for Jones & a somewhat down yr for Lechler. That alone just shows you who has the higher upside. Lechler is the better option of the 2, IMO, & I'm glad he is finally in Houston. Can't say I've ever been happy about signing a punter...1st time for everything.
I think the biggest difference is the situational aspects of the punts. I don't know that the stats accurately reflects that. Lechler could punt from the 48 yard line & have it drop on the 2 a second before his guy could get there to make a play. Jones was just as likely to drop it on the 2 three seconds before our guy got there & it rolled into the endzone.